More and more Australian citizens are turning to personal loans when they need some extra cash to help them through a tough time.
A personal loan can be used for many different reasons such as extra spending money for when you go on holiday, paying an overdue bill or paying for car repairs.
A personal loan can be secured or unsecured
The loans range up to $100,000 and give you between 5 and 7 years to pay back the loan.
A secured loan means that you will need to put up an item of value as collateral to secure your loan, this could be your car, house or any item of value. If you default on payment then you are at risk of losing that item.
An unsecured loan means that the loan does not have to be backed by collateral, as this is a higher risk loan to the lender the interest rate is usually much higher.
To apply for a personal loan is very easy, either apply online, via the telephone or in the branch. To apply online is quick and easy, supporting documents can easily be uploaded and the approval process is almost instant.
Decide how much you would like to borrow and how long you need to pay back the money.
Types of Personal loans available
There are many different types of personal loans that can be secured or unsecured loans. Other types of personal loans that are available include:
- Car loans – if you are looking to buy a new car than a car loan or vehicle financing loan could be what you are looking for.
- The line of credit – this type of loan allows you access to a credit up to a set limit. You will only be charged and pay interest on the money that you have used.
- Debt consolidation loan – this type of loan is used to eliminate or manage existing debt. The loan will cover your outstanding debt and consolidate the payments into one easy to manage payment plan that will be easy for you to follow. The lender will consolidate your debt and negotiate a better interest rate on your behalf.
- Overdrafts – an overdraft facility is normally connected to your bank account and allows you access to a set amount that can be drawn directly from your account once you have spent all the available funds that you have.
- Bad credit loan – if you need a personal loan, but you don’t have the best credit score, then there is still some options available to you. If you have a low credit score you can apply for a bad credit loan specially designed for those that have bad credit issues. Some bad credit personal loan lenders will not perform a credit check or will not decline your application on a bad credit report.
Apply for a Personal loan online
To apply for a personal loan is very simple and the entire process can be completed online so there is no need to spend time searching for a branch. By using a completely paperless system you are helping to keep the planet green while saving yourself time and unnecessary effort. If you need to upload supporting documentation you can upload your documents directly to the site with ease.
Fill in the online loan application form with your personal details and customize your loan agreement. Consent to a credit check then sit back and relax while we check your affordability.
Once your loan application has been approved, you can simply sign the agreement online and the cash will be paid directly into your bank account.
Requirements & eligibility for a Personal loan
To apply for a personal loan you will need to meet certain criteria such as:
- You must be a Australian citizen and a permanent resident of Australia.
- You need to be 18 years old or older.
- You will need to supply at least 2 types of identification this can be your passport, photo ID, driver’s license or Medicare card.
- You will need to consent to a credit check if required.
- You will need to be permanently employed and earn a regular income
- You will need to have a bank account that is in your own name to pay the loan into.
Advantages of a Personal loan
There are many advantages to taking out a personal loan. It is very easy to apply online at any time of the day and the approval process is almost instant, particularly in the case of payday and short-term loans.
There is no need to visit the branch and meet with the lender face to face. Your personal information and data will be kept secure by the latest technology so there is no risk involved. Once the loan has been approved the money will be paid directly into your bank account and the cash can be drawn out and used for whatever you need it for, there is no restriction on what you can use the money for.
Personal loans are free to apply for so that you can see if you qualify with no obligation to take the loan if your application is approved.
Payday loans are also a form of personal loan. The only disadvantage is that the interest rate is usually a bit higher then other forms of credit.
When deciding on which personal loan is the correct loan for you it is important to examine the interest rate that you will be charged and make sure that you will be able to afford the interest rate when the time comes to pay back the loan.
In Australia, the interest rate that lenders offer can differ significantly and you will need to decide between a fixed or variable interest rate. A fixed interest rate allows you to budget more effectively as the amount of interest that you are charged will be a fixed amount for the duration of the loan term this amount will not be affected by the changing markets.
A variable interest rate means that the amount you will be charged will fluctuate if the market rates drop, you will save by paying a lower interest rate.